Subject : 2013 Fall Foliage Forecast for Major Mountains

DATE. 2013-10-04 오전 11:02:01 Visit. 967

The Korea Meteorological Administration announced that this year’s fall foliage might arrive one to two days later compared to the past years (1982~2010). The arrival of autumn and the timing of peak foliage are gradually getting pushed back every year as a consequence of warmer fall temperatures due to global warming. Seoraksan Mountain will have its first fall foliage beginning September 30, 2013. Jirisan Mountain and the central region are expecting fall colors to occur around October 4 to 16, while the southern region can expect leaves to change color around October 14 to 31. Fall foliage usually peaks two weeks after they start to appear. Therefore, Jirisan Mountain and the central region can expect peak foliage towards the end of October, while peak foliage in the southern region is expected during early November. The first fall foliage can be observed when 20% of the mountain is covered with autumn leaves starting from the top. At 80%, this is called its peak foliage. More info ☞Korea Meteorological Administration Homepage: http://www.kma.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese) ☞KTO Homepage: http://www.visitkorea.or.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, German, French, Spanish, Russian) ☞1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese) - - - ☞Related Page Korea Weather